Did you know that Eevia is committed to improving people’s health, while also preserving the future for our children? We wish to support and protect the Earth, the environment and the ecosystem as a whole.
Eevia is actively seeking sustainability throughout the value chain, for instance;
- By making organic products while preserving the forest. Forests cover 75% of land area in Finland. In Finish Lapland 99% of all forests are organic-certified, hence maintained and utilized in a sustainable way.
- By using raw materials that are wild-crafted, abundant and are hand-picked every season. More than 90% of berry crops remain in the forest yearly so there’s more than enough food for wildlife.
- By carefully choosing suppliers according to quality and sustainability-related criteria.
- By locating close to the raw material source in Finland, ensuring low carbon footprint and traceability.
- By utilizing all parts of the raw materials, avoiding any unnecessary waste. For example, we use the juice, press cake and extract mesh to offer 9 different products from bilberries.
- By utilizing resources efficiently (reducing energy and water consumption).